Jim's Message Board
[ Reply To This Message ]

What HTML editors do to your code, a side-by-side comparison..
From Dan Perry at Dan's LinksLS Page on 02 June '98
I made a post here about 10 days ago asking opinions of FrontPage 98. I was truly amazed at the quick responses. For everyones information, I have decided to take FrontPage 98 back to Best Buy (I hear the cheers already). Luckily, my 30 days did not expire. I am also 99% sure that I will purchase Dreamweaver instead. The price is steep (I'm not in business (yet), I do this as a hobby) but when they throw in HomeSite as well, it's tough to beat. I never would've known about this unbelievably advanced product if it were not for this board. Thanks a lot.

Anyway, now that we're caught up, please check out the following link. It shows some original hand-written HTML next to what the different Editors do to it. It includes NetObjects Fusion 2.0, Adobe PageMill 2.0, GoLive CyberStudio 2.0, MicroSoft Frontpage 98, and Dreamweaver. Remember that this is on Dreamweavers site, but it is a graphic example of the problems that these editors produce (especially META tags). If there was any doubt, check it out.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/productinfo/tutorial/rh_format.html

Thanks again for all the help. This is undoubtedly one of the best boards on the Net.

Dan Perry
webmaster@danperry.com

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message:

Who Are You?
Your name:
Home page title:
(optional)
Home page URL:
(optional)

Your Reply:
Subject: