>>Does anyone have any usefull contacts, advice
>>or warnings about promoting websites from
>>non-web sources, e.g. papers, radio, magazeens
>>etc. etc. etc...

>>All help greatfuly recieved
>>Regards
>> Brainwipe.

>

>I was recently discussing this with a friend of mine and he told me that he randomly picks people from the phone book and mails them a paper. He told me that for every 20 or so people he mailed, one or two signed up. I found those numbers to be amazing! The service he is offering is web hosting. I found it hard to believe that 1 or 2 out of 20 random people would be interested in web hosting, but I suppose it's possible. I guess this would only work if your product or service is interesting enough to warrant random mailings.

>And as for postage costs. He said it costs him around $6.50 for 20 mailings, so it easily pays for itself if he gets even one person to sign up.

>Personally, I don't think I would do it just yet, because I don't think I would get the same responce. But I thought I would post the idea anyway.

I did a mailing about a year ago. I trageted 2 differnt business types, sent out 300 letters and got 1 reply.
If anyone has anyother experience as far as doing direct mail to solicite business for web page design or hosting I'd be interested in what kind of results they got.

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message:

Who Are You?
Your name:
Home page title:
(optional)
Home page URL:
(optional)

Your Reply:
Subject:
Reply: