Jim's Message Board
[ Reply To This Message ]

Re: Well... I need some help, please
From kyle at sea on 03 July '98
adding to Re: Well... I need some help, please posted by Max

>>live in georgia, and i intend to serve people as far away as mississsippi.
> Start local - go after local businesses that are NOT already on the web and do an absolutely
>perfect job for them for a reasonable price. When you run out of local businesses to put on
>the Web, start on the next town over.

> I checked your website ... it shrieks "I'm 15 and have >time yet.

> First, you have created a page that might look fabooo in MSIE, but I saw very little with
>NetScape. The goal of a web designer is to MAXIMIZE the possible visitors, not exclude those who don't
>use the same browser as the designer. You need to review the information on this site about page
>promotion, and I recommend http://www.htmlhelp.com/ for some basics of page design. You need to learn how
>to deliver the message REGARDLESS of the visitor's hardware and software, and that takes more than MSa computer!" You aren't ready for prime

>Front Page.

> Second, NEVER let an unfinished page show up on your site or a client's. If your partners aren't
>willing to finish their profile, how willing would they be to finish my pages?

> Third, with an address like this - 19635 US HWY 19 N - you will be hard to reach. Where's the
>town, state and ZIP? Check ALL your information for completeness and correctness BEFORE
>you upload. Check your spelling!

> On the bright side - even though it's way too big and in the wrong spot - you have a pretty good logo.

I am 15 and i do have a computer. They need not reach me by snail mail. I intend to do business online or by phone. I have clients in Alabama... Florida... and georgia.. but not many..they all can reach me via email..Im on all day and most the night... what version of netscape do u use? i use netscape(and frontpage) and see everything but i dont hear the music... Most people in my area use netscape 3.01(theres only 1 isp)... its frustrating.... One of my partners is away at summer camp..hes 14....and he wont be back until august... So should just take down that part of my site...? Whats

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message:

Who Are You?
Your name:
Home page title:
(optional)
Home page URL:
(optional)

Your Reply:
Subject:
Reply: