>Hey all, yet again I find myself back over here for my main point of reference:) Still loving the promotion artist! Now considering the Checknique...
>What I am wondering/fearing is if I put up the ability to 'pay by checks on-line' how large is the risk of getting 'bogus' information and/or bad checks? I dunno how the penelties work elsewhere but if I deposit a bad check to my buis account I am charged when it bounces...
>Any info on
>A: the best ways of preventing this and/or verifying the funds.... w/o having to make long distance phone calls everytime a check order comes in? For example there are ways to validate credit card numbers..are there ways for routing and account numbers on checks?
>B: any feedback from others who do accept checks online as to how often they receive bogus information and just 'joe blows' playing with the forms?
>Thanks in advance..
>Yours In Heart
Here is the order verification I go thur for every credit card order:
I do not currently take checknique.
Order Verification for Gemstone Jewelry
1) Call First Data resources at 1-800-228-1125 and ask for name and address verification.
2) Call Novus at 1-800-725-1243, (3) (2) give the first six digits of the credit card and
get bank name, address and phone number. Merchant I.D.#
3) Call the Bank and verify:
a) Billing name matches name on credit card.
b) Expiration date matches that on credit card.
c) Billing address matches what was given on order.
d) Billing phone matches what was given on order.
e) Ask bank is the credit card a valid and active credit card in good
standing with the bank.
4) Send thank you e-mail to customer. Re-check mail server to see if e-mail was returned.
5) Go to http://www.databaseamerica.com and using people find check both the
name and phone number.
6) Check credit card with credit probe software.
7) Verify address and zip code using MS Bookshelf Quick zip Code
8) Consult MS Street Map, for address verification.
9) Go to usps.gov and calculate shipping (print it out).
10) On all international orders call postal service to inquire about import restrictions
to shipping country. 1(800) 275-8777.
11) Check Server Logs and review
12) Call customer thanking customer for their order and to verify order. And clear
up any discrepancies on the order or order verification.
13) Consider bank wire.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Donald Zvanut