Jim's Message Board
[ Reply To This Message ]

Re: MAX: Re: 6 keywords??? I am confused...just need. . . .
From Bradley on 29 September '98
adding to Re: MAX: Re: 6 keywords??? I am confused...just need. . . . posted by Max

Max - thanks for the great information. I actualy emailed excite and they wrote back to me. They mentioned the fact that I should "really emphasize the desired words and concepts in the non-tables text
on your page" and that I should " not use tables without using a section to describe your page."

It sounds like the use of tables ( ..???....I assume that is what they are talking about) is not the best way to design your site. Is that correct??? The problem that I have is that tables are easy to use and they allow me to make the columns that I want. I look forward to your comments. How can I duplicate my site without using tables?

Bradley

>>I dont' know if you recall or not, but you said that I used tables way to much in my home page. I redesigned the page, and you can find the new page at:
>>http://members.aol.com/Fundraise/index.html

>Now I remember it. You should put the words school, church, and fundraiser into your meta tags.
>If I look for a "school fundraiser" (which I just got through discussing with a neighbor and that's what she called it, I wuold not
>find your site.

>Cramming ALT tags with keywords is not effective, and will eventually be penalized.

>You still have a "baseball" page: lots of windup and shuffling and scratching
>before you deliver the pitch.

>Putting those H4s up top is not nearly so effective as leading with H1 and
>an actual summary, but the structure at least gets your main idea closer to the
>beginning of the file. How about dumpig the text with the H4, shrinking the
>graphics and leading with the strong point: that first paragraph.

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message:

Who Are You?
Your name:
Home page title:
(optional)
Home page URL:
(optional)

If you'd like to get replies to your message by email, enter your address:

Your Reply:
Subject: