Jim's Message Board
[ Reply To This Message ]

Questions about cleaning up my pages.
From Jon Vilhauer at Placerville Veterinary Clinic on 28 July '98

If only I knew then what I know now . . . I didn't do *everything* wrong, but our yellow page ad was coming out in three months featuring the clinic's wonderful new web site, and I didn't have the first idea how to make a web page so I did a lot wrong. I figured Frontpage would be the budding web author's best choice, for starters.

I now have a functional site that's not entirely awful. After I 've learned a lot more about Photoshop and HTML coding, it will be better, but right now my goal is to work it into decent enough shape for submission to the search engines.

Question 1.
The site has a home page and five major subsections, each with several child pages. I intend to work up good meta descriptions and keywords for the major subsections. Should that also be done for every individual page?

Question 2.
Should each major subsection be submitted separately? Should each page? Will the search engines let me? I gather from what I've read here that Yahoo lets you submit the home page, plus one suggested additional category. If you get listed at all, are you automatically in your regional listing, or must you use up your other category to get that?

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message:

Who Are You?
Your name:
Home page title:
(optional)
Home page URL:
(optional)

Your Reply:
Subject:
Reply: