Jim's Message Board
[ Reply To This Message ]

Re: big site content, but no scripts, gimmicks etc.?
From kudeck on 09 September '98
adding to big site content, but no scripts, gimmicks etc.? posted by Jochen Binikowski

Overall, pretty nice job. I didn't have time to pour over every page, but I did have a couple thoughts...

1. I agree with Andrew regarding thumbnails. It does increase load times, but if done correctly and wisely I believe it is an absolute must. Me, for instance, the descriptions didn't mean much, so I selected a couple random SIB's... If I was really interested in purchasing it would have been nice to see a small sample before selecting the big picture rather than randomly looking around and spending a lot of time going back and forth to see what the product is.

2. I liked the background on your main pages, but I hated the background on your product pages. First, I didn't know why you changed and lost that consistent feel. Second, the backgrounds on your product pages are not nearly as good. I would either get rid of the backgrounds altogether (increase load time =D) or keep them consistent.

3. Do you offer secure ordering? I did a quick looksie, and didn't see any mention or indication as such. (I could have missed it...) If you don't, you must. If I'm shopping on the internet, I'm buying on the internet...

4. Your English is a bit rough and the navigation is not all that intuitive. Regarding the former, not a problem for me, but some consumers may consider it risky to do business with a foreign country, purely my opinion though. Regarding navigation... it took me a few minutes to realize what those little SiB's meant. You almost lost me on that. With both of these, maybe hooking up with an American/English speaking designer to smooth out the rough spots would be helpful. In fact, I may be interested in a German-speaking designer to help convert a site I'm developing... Interested?

Hope that helps. I think you have a good product for the internet... good luck!

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message:

Who Are You?
Your name:
Home page title:
(optional)
Home page URL:
(optional)

If you'd like to get replies to your message by email, enter your address:

Your Reply:
Subject: