deadlock Message Board
[ October Full List | Reply ]

How to get listed in Yahoo
From The Webster on 22 October '98
Some of you may have the read the message I posted back on Oct 12 about getting a clients site listed with Yahoo twice! Well as some of you may be aware Yahoo sends you an email to confirm that your site has been added to their directory.

I had been trying for ages to try and get our company site listed in Yahoo, but never had any success. So what I decided to do one day was to reply to the email I had from Yahoo when I received confirmation that one of our clients site had been listed. I asked the person who sent me the email if they could take a quick look at our site for consideration. I sent this message on the 13th Oct and then blow me away on the 21st Oct I received an email from the same person at Yahoo stating that my company site had been added to the directory. Is this pure coincidence or have I found a way of speeding up the indexing process?

I would be interested to hear peoples comments on this, especially from you Max!Has anyone tried this tactic before? I am also keen to find out if the "people" at Yahoo who send these confirmation emails really exist or if they are just made up names.

I hope this is the start of an interesting discussion! Feel free to email me. Thanks The Webster

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message