deadlock Message Board
[ October Full List | Reply ]

Re: keyword phrases
From davek on 25 October '98
adding to Re: keyword phrases posted by Deb

Thanks for this Deb..very helpful. If I can elaborate on a couple of points though...

>>where single keywords are being repeated...does this count against me in the too many same keyword stakes?

>It sure does.... be careful

Doe this mean that if a phrase contains a word that is also being used as a single keyword, that word would count twice? eg 'keyword, keyword phrase,' or does the phrase count as a single?

>>Or do I put phrases in inverted commas?

>I'm not sure what you mean by that...

You've already answered it really...I was wondering if it was neccesary to define a phrase with inverted commas.

>>Is it better to put phrases at the beginning of the keywords list, or single keywords?

>I assume it's best to create your list in such a way that your most important keywords are at the beginning of the list going in order to the least important at the end... regardless whether or not it's a single keyword or phrase... think in order of importance

>>Do all of the engines handle them in the same way?

>Nope -- muhahhaha

>>How am I supposed to seperate keywords..and phrases... anyway?

>Some use commas, some don't as described above, some use spaces between commas some don't.... It's a matter of preference and search engine importance... if you REALLY want to be XYZ engine but are not as worried about ABC engine then concentrait on what XYZ prefers..

So what is the best AVERAGE approach? 'keyword,_keyword,_keyword phrase,_ etc'? or 'keyword_keyword_keyword_' as someone else in the archives suggested, (leaving the engine to find phrases)

Tks again
Davek

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive