deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: To comma or not to comma?
From Max on 17 November '98
replying to Re: To comma or not to comma? posted by kudeck

>Yeah, what's going on here... are the search engines incredibly back-logged or is my site poorly structured? I've been trying to test different approaches with my main page and four office pages, and the submission process is taking FOREVER!! Either the search engines are crawling or my site sucks.

A bit of both ... your keywords are perilously close to "spamming" with their
repetitions, and your HTML structure gives the robots very little text to work with.
The practice of cramming the ALT text with keytwords has made some of the SEs start
ignoring it. You need a solid intro paragraph on EACH page, formatted as clearly
VISIBLE text, that repeats the krywords in coherent English.

<meta name="description" content="Ready to assemble office furniture, computer desks, entertainment centers, bedroom furniture, and home office furniture.">

Lots of duplications ...
<meta name="keywords" content="office furniture, computer desks, sauder, sauder furniture,
home office furniture, computer furniture, desks, bush, osullivan, entertainment centers,
rta, ready to assemble, office furniture, computer desks, sauder, sauder furniture,
home office furniture, computer furniture, desks, bush, osullivan, entertainment centers,
rta, ready to assemble, office furniture, computer desks, sauder, sauder furniture,
rta, ready to assemble">

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)