deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: What do you do when your dropped
From michael at The Body Electric Mall on 18 November '98
replying to Re: What do you do when your dropped posted by Donald Zvanut

One thing to consider is that you may have been 'spammed'. That is to say, someone may have seen that #1 listing and resubmitted your URL 20 times in 10 minutes to the same search engine, thus causing you disappear. I'm not saying I have any firsthand knowledge of this or anything >ahem< but I am told that this occurs among competitors.

michael

>>>Well after 2 great months of being the number one listing in excite and netfind when searching for "where to buy one share of stock" I have been completely dropped from that search overnite. I am still showing up great in other ways but this baffles me. Why? and what to do is the question? should i resubmit my index page or just let it go for a while as to not screw with my other great key word listings i have , "disney stock" and such. HELP!
>>>
>>Same thing just happen to one of the sites I maintain. Just got got top 5 for 4 major keywords and then disappeared yesterday completely.
>>
>>Does anyone know why Excite behaves like this...There is a pattern here...I have notice this before.
>>
>Same thing happened to me on Hotbot. Top 10 then dropped. I've heard
>it may be because that when the spider returns to your site for relisting
>and your site is down due to server maintinance it will drop you.
>Just resubmit.
>Don
>

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email: