deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: How many % of your users leave after download first page?
From Donald Zvanut at Gemstone Jewelry on 19 November '98
replying to Re: How many % of your users leave after download first page? posted by Hup

>
>>Content does not always mean text only. There are two reasons people surf on the Internet, One is for Information and the other is for entertainment. (Jim added entertainment to his site, you have seen it if you enter at www.deadlock.com/bbs). When I am looking for information it better be easy to read and specific (good stuff). When I am looking for entertainment it better be fun!!! <
>
> How about just a tool?
> I hope my web site is neither informatic nor entertainment, but useful(well, hopefully, for some people).
>
>>Content is stuff that keeps you there and takes you deep into the website...and definitely keeps you coming back. <
>
> Totally agree.
>
>>
>>I don't really care to shop for book comparison prices, that's me. I hate coupons tooooo! Is your visitors coming to you because you mislead them or do you need to do something different to get qualified trafic to your site.
>
> You remind me something, I should modify my analyst program to show me the person who left just after download first page were refered from where ...
>Then I could trace back how to improve it.
>(but, I still wonder what is the people leaving percentage of other web site ..)
>
1/3 is not that high
I sell jewelry on the web.
Mainly watches.
If people don't see what they want they move on fast. Fine.
Actually I feel my site is very easy to navigate and fast loading,
so if anything people who are looking for jewelry will rememmber me and
return later for an order. This has happened a number of times.
Dr. Donald Zvanut

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)