>
>We do get some business that way. But I wonder how much ordering is
>really done through online forms? When I've bought things online myself
>I've always phoned the seller mainly to see whether they actually
>have the product in stock.
<snip>
>How much online buying is done via forms versus by phoning in orders
>to the seller?

I have a LONG online order form, no shopping cart, and I don't take credit cards. Since I work from my home, I don't list the phone number online. (can you say bad experiences online back before there WAS an Internet?)

At any rate, perhaps once in three months a prospective customer, or present customer will ask for my phone number...I always give it. I have TWO customers who call in their orders, out of a list of perhaps 700 clients.

I don't see how you CAN do business on the net without allowing people to place their order online.

The way my page works, people place the order online, I email them back with a confirmation of sizes, pricing and shipping costs, and the address to send payment. They send a check, their order ships a couple of days later.

It gives me as much business as I can comfortably keep up with, bearing in mind that I have a wider product line, and packing the orders is very labour intensive.

I know if I added credit cards business would increase drastically, but then I have to look at whether I have the time and energy to handle, say two or three times the business I have now.

I have no local presence, strictly online sales.

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message