deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

Site Review and Suggestions Please!
From Les Holland at BBWNetwork on 21 Feb '00
Hello All!
Ok, here goes, lol. I would greatly appreciate any feedback and or help on our site anyone would like to provide. We have decided to generate income via advertising. After an exhausting search, we decided on a company that paid not only on click thrus but also impressions. We are extremely unnerved and taken for a loss on the statistics provided by this company, as there is a 80-90% difference in their stats versus our raw stats. We are a large site with over 1500 pages, and our unique visitor count will hit 600,000 people this month, with over 3 million pages viewed, and our last 6 months stats show us growing by 10% each month. We have been on the web for over 5 years now. For the last 14 days we have ads up, and their count is not even remotely close to our's. With their current stats, we will make 7,000 dollars less than what they advertised because of the way they track. We understand the normal industry variance will be in the 10-15% range due to cacheing, errors or disabled graphics, but this kind of variance is beyond comprehension. We had an independent auditor come in and do an audit on the stats provided by our server, and they actually found that the numbers reported to us were lower than they were! Armed with the results, we went to the advertising company and asked for an explaination, but to date have not received anything more than "Our Tech department is looking into it". My questions are probably wrongly placed here, but I am just at my wits end trying to both solve this and learn as we go. Anyone have any suggestions? How is our site design? Any changes you would recommend? I have been reading a lot of boards, and this one seems to be one of if not the best for help and responses, and it looks like Deb is a most insightful and knowledgable person. Thanks for letting me vent!
Les
url: http://www.bbwnetwork.com

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message