deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Dropped from Search Engines
From H-H on 17 April '00
replying to Dropped from Search Engines posted by Dennis Sullivan

I have never been dropped by everyone at the same time but you are right about Inktomi - AOL Search, Hotbot, MSN, and Goto all are connected in that they pull either their primary or secondary results from the Inktomi database. The only solution is to resubmit

H-H

>I got onto many of the search engines--Iwon, Yahoo (web pages), snap, MSN, Lycos, Hotbot, goto, looksmart, plus some others, after some work on submissions (manual and automatic) over about three weeks.
>My page usually came up high on the first page. Then, suddenly one Monday morning, it's gone from all the indexes! (I realize many of these use inktomi.)
>
>What happened? Do the search engines not like the banner ads from adforce that appear on my page? Or, was the server off-line during a spider crawl?
>
>Is there some way a hacker could blow me out of the indexes or something? Are the free hosting sites getting blocked from the search engines?
>
>I'd appreciate any help! I'm wondering if I'll have to leave the free hosting service and start over on a paid one with no banner ads...

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message