deadlock Message Board
[ June Full List | Reply ]

Re: Getting framed site prepped for SE's
From David A on 29 June '00
replying to Getting framed site prepped for SE's posted by Karen

>Hello
>This message board is a great service and I thank all in advance.
>My fragrance store will go live in a day or two. It's a framed site, and I am in the process of adding meta tags to it's 250+ pages.
>The alphabetical browse buttons take you to thumbnails of the fragrances in that category, which each lead to a product page.
>I have completed meta tags in the frameset and the thumbnail pages, and today will begin work on the individual product pages.
>I like and do not wish to abandon my frame design, yet I am aware of the challenges frames place on getting a decent search engine placement.
>I would appreciate anyone who could take a look at my frameset page and offer any critique or ideas to improve what I have there. I have used noframes tags including my primary keywords and links to my main pages for the robots to follow. I plan to individually register each of my product pages with the search engines, and include target="_top" links on them so anyone entering that way will be sent into my frames upon clicking a link.
>Am I on the right track? Thank you for any suggestions.

For a framed site you really only want the index page to get listed in the search engines right? You wouldn't want one of your interior pages like http://www.scentagious.com/p-giorair.html to get listed in an SE because of someone entered your site through that page they would have no way to get to the rest of your site.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message