deadlock Message Board
[ May Full List | Reply ]

Re: My site
From Hope on 7 May '01
replying to My site posted by TwistedAndrew

The first problem I found with you site is the pop-up window. It will stop people from going back to your site again.

The second problem I found with you site is that you cannot see it in netscape. I suggest you download netscape and make your site work with it. I know that netscape isn't used by the majority, but you will still lose visitors. You have bad code, which is why your site cannot be seen in netscape.

Once I opened IE, I saw multiple problems with your site. From a search engine point of view, you will never get properly listed.

You need meta tags in the head section of the site. If by off chance you get listed in a search engine, your site will have a title, but no description. You need to add one with meta tags. You also need to add more text to your site. There is a minimum of 120 words, but you hsould have at least 240 words.

Your color choices make it hard to read for anyone with visual problems. You have spelling errors and gramar errors all over the front page. I realize this is a humor site, but this will leave people thinking the site isn't worth returning to. You have bad coding in your links, images that don't show because of bad coding.

I could go on. My best advise is to correct your code. Once you do this, you will have a much better site.

>My site has been out for quiet a while now, and my traffic kinda sucks. Its been going up lately, most of my visits come from search engines, mainly yahoo, I dont know how I got on there, I never signed up. I also have been listed on others, dont know which ones I just signed up. I dont know if its just no one knows about my site, or if my site sucks, someone go there and tell me what I might want to change.
>
>http://www.twistedsite.f2s.com

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message