deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: Promoting A site .Please help.
From Hope on 12 July '01
replying to Promoting A site .Please help. posted by Geoff

The first problem I see with you site is your counter doesn't load. I am on a T1 line and waited 5 minutes and the counter still didn't load.

The second problem I see is that your site in frames. This can make it difficult to get listed and ranked in search engines.

My suggestions are to drop the frames and add more text to your page. This will help with the search engines. Do not target the keywords "search engine". I would try for "directory", "listings", "classifieds", "handyman directory" or something along those lines. It will be hard no matter what you call it, because it is a very competative are.

>Hello , me and my friend have set up a web site called needsfixing.It is aimed at finding people someone to repair anything broken .
>It works by simply typing in what you want fixing , then your area or postcode and it then finds someone in your area.The problem is promoting it , we have submitted to various search engines to no avail , If we title it is a search engine we struggle to compete with the top engines , when people search .
>If anybody could have a look at the site and see what they think I would be grateful. Because with no hits to the site businesses will not list themselves and when people come on they wont come back to the site.
>Many thanks in advance.
>Geoff

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message