deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: What business site need?
From Hope on 19 July '01
replying to What business site need? posted by Maksym

Hello,

I have taken a look at your site. There are a lot of problems with your site if you want to get search engine resutls.

The first problem is you have it sitting on geocity.com. Many less than honorable marketers have used geocities and other free hosts to spam the search engines. Some search engines will not add these free servers. Of the search engines that do accept sites from free hosts, very few will give you much of a chance at good rankings.

The second problem I see is you have no meta tags. These are important. The meta description tags will tell the user what your site is about before they leave the search engines. You need to add meta keywords also.

The biggest problem I see on your site is a lack of contact information. I do not know who you are. Your site doesn't give me a phone number to call or a mailing address. The only information I see is an email address. This makes many people wonder if you are real or a scam. Your email is a free email account. It really makes this look less than honest.

My advice would be to spend a little money on a domain name and a host. Many hosts are not very expensive anymore. This will give you a fighting chance in the search engines, a real email address and a bit more credibility. You also need to give a mailing address and phone number.

I hope this gives you a place to start.

>Hi all!
>
>I've created business site, dedicated to travels. I registered it in search engines and tried to promote it through ICQ, Odigo &c. But I still haven't result.
>What should I do?
>
>Thanks

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message