deadlock Message Board
[ June Full List | Reply ]

Many hits, good products, good SE rankings but few sales
From Jochen Binikowski at Internet Maritime Shop on 19 June '99
Hi friends,
I spent a lot of time and efforts to optimise my HP for most serch engines. My products are ideal for e-commerce because they are somewhat popular but not a potential item for multinational trusts. A typical niche product.
The SE ranking is first class, thanks to so many things I learned from Jim's Message Board. The subject of my page is maritime decorative items like ships-in-bottles, european flags, ship clocks etc.
There are about 7.000 hits per week but the real sales figures are only minimal. I am not realy complaining because it makes already a certain gain, but much less than expected.
Has anyone an idea how to improve my HP. What did I wrong??? Or am I overestimating the potential of E-Commerce?
The other day I read in a German newspaper that the stock value of AMAZON.COM is at 28 Billion $ while they are not yet gaining. And what is their future potential since almost each day a new internet book store gets online.? That amount is higher than Volkswagen with multi billion gains each year and about 120.000 employees.
Compared to AMAZON.COM my little business is much more profitable and has a much better future prospect, but unfortunatnly there are no prospective buyers for supposed shares. Has anyone an idea how to exploit the NEW MARKET? I will share the supposed gain!!!
I am sure that I am not the only guy in this world who is puzzeling about these questions. Looking forward for helpfull replays!
Best regards from Hamburg, Germany,
Jochen

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)