deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: home town web page(Thanks Deb)
From karen at CrossvilleOnline on 16 July '99
replying to Re: home town web page posted by Deb

Deb, thanks so much for responding to my message. You are so right about our site not saying where it is. I will publish the state name below our town name today. It's one of those things that you don't notice when looking from the inside out. The town is small, we are about 1/2 way between two major cities in Tennessee, Nashville & Knoxville. A great deal of our population is retired and living in a local resort community. However, I was amazed at how many are online. I was able to get some figures from my local ISP about how many of them are their customers. But there are 3 or more ISPs supporting the rest of the population here. I'm going to see how I can get a banner ad on their home pages.

You are also right about getting them to volunteer their e-mail by use of a newsletter. It might even be something that people who come here for vacations every year might want to receive. And the other suggestions about networking with people any where and every where I can make a connection is very good advice too.

I will have to check into the other idea too you gave about state bureaus. Thanks a lot. You've been extrememly helpful. Everyone who has responded to my posting has been. I'm very thankful to deadlock.com for this message board. Some very generous people are responding to my questions.

Gratefully, Karen

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message