deadlock Message Board
[ August Full List | Reply ]

Works For Me
From MacMatŠ on 3 Sept '99
replying to Re: Just A Quick Note About The Document posted by Jay Browne

>I have the settings of the background="" with no color specified. Netscape simply shows nothing there it uses the body color but does not let the <td background=image> show through.
>
>If you have any more suggestions, let me know..I appreciate your help

Well I tried it on a PC version of Netscape Navigator just now, and it works the same as it does on a Macintosh. I have no problems like you stated above. I tried this on Navigator 4.5 by the way. Perhaps you are placing something in the wrong spot. Copy and paste this next document, and try it out (include a local "image.jpg" file as well to see the results):

<HTML>

<BODY BGCOLOR="white">

<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=20 CELLSPACING=20>
<TR>
<TD BACKGROUND="image.jpg">

<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=10 CELLSPACING=10>
<TR>
<TD BACKGROUND="">This is a cell using the parent cell's background image. Because of using the td background="" attribute here, it works the same in both Navigator and IE. There is no retiling of the image in each new nested cell.
<P>
Keep in mind however, that of course the parent cell's image will always tile if the image is not large enough to cover the area of all nested cells within and it's own total area. But this is different than a retiling of the same image over again starting at each new cell (overlapping on top of the parent cell's background image). If you remove the td background="" attribute here, that's what will happen under Navigator 4. It will have no effective change under IE however.
</TD>
<TD VALIGN="TOP" BACKGROUND="">Here is another cell allowing the parent cell's background image to show through, without causing the same image to retile in this particular cell.
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>

</HTML>

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject: