deadlock Message Board
[ September Full List | Reply ]

Re: How do I price my site for sale?
From karen at crossvilleonline on 21 Sept '99
replying to Re: How do I price my site for sale? posted by Deb

>Thanks Deb, Jim and Andrew for the tips you've been giving me. My husband said of all the problems we could have it's a good one to have.

It is true that in the begining the idea of giving up "MY" web site was really hard. But then I honestly think that this station could take it to heights that I couldn't due to his customer base (170 regular advertisers of which he feels about 50 - 60 will agree to the extra $100 per month banner ads). We probably could increase hits if we became an ISP and under cut the current hosting rate and get people to make us their home page.

Our county is only 44,000 so I'm not sure we can get the hits high enough ourselves to charge $100 per month. The advertiser would probably feel he's getting more for his money through the station.

The only thing about partnerships is that they can become stressful if you both don't see eye to eye on many things. He did ask if I would work for him for a regular paycheck to maintain the site and expand into web design for local businesses (which I already am doing). I thought I might agree to up to 10 hrs a week maintenance and charge a price per page on web design and let him make his mark up. That would give me more flexibility. I'm wanting to try another type of web site where I sell something online and don't have so much work to do to maintain the site. Besides, I just had my third child 2 weeks ago and that's using up a lot of my "free time".

My husband and I are going to try to make an appt with him today or tomorrow and give him a price like Jim suggested. Then see what kind of counter offer he comes up with. Based on all the suggestions we've received we're going to go with $85,000 and see what happens. I'll post the results for everyone following this thread.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message