deadlock Message Board
[ September Full List | Reply ]

Don't be stupid
From Brandon on 24 Sept '99
replying to How do I price my site for sale? posted by Karen

If you're getting asked to sell your site with only 3,600 uniques/day be happy. Most sites don't even get recognized when they are that small. I was offered for my site 45k and it get 4k uniques/day. Of course I didn't sell, but you should no matter what the price is. Your website has hardly any hits anyways.

>
A local radio station has approached me to sell them my web site about my home town. I got some wonderful advice from visitors from this deadlock message board on how to promote my site. We've incorporated a lot of those ideas and I think my site looks great now. The only thing I haven't acquired yet is up-to-date local news so visitors will check in daily for that. That is what the radio station can do for the site and wants to have the best site in the area. He thinks he can add $100 per month on about 1/2 of his regular customers for banner ads on the site. I don't think he can manage that much. Every banner price we've checked runs about 2 - 4 cents per impression and we are currently getting just over 3600 hits per month. We have created approximately 250 pages in our site and did all the research ourselves. I've been told that $60 per page is reasonable. That would put just the design at $15,000. Then the research over the past 6 months which includes photos taken, cgi script and programing for message board, poll, news post, calendar, etc. at $10/hr came to $9,600. That brings in a total of $24,600. But it would be foolish to sell for exactly what we have in it. So my problem is how much more can I reasonably ask for my site? Is there a rule of thumb--double you cost--or some other guideline? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message