deadlock Message Board
[ September Full List | Reply ]

Re: Public Favorites site - CGI usage
From Clint at Public Favorites on 25 Sept '99
replying to Public Favorites site - ways to promote/generate income posted by Clint

One last thing. I currently use on the site public CGI forms. When a user adds a new site, they are taken to another site with freedback.com's advertisements...

I would like to know if there is a free CGI service that does not display adds... preferably it does not go to another page at all (brings up message box perhaps), or goes to a page of my own making.

Thanks for your time,

Clint

>Hi all.
>
>I have created a site which a lot of people find interesting and useful. People can submit their favourite urls directly to the main page for all to see, thus sharing their interests. (notice how I can't decide whether to use a "u" in "favourite" - I'm Australian. Should I go for American spelling?)
>
>I think it has potential and was wondering what are the most promising ways to promote the site.
>
>I'm also interested as to whether I can make an income from the site. Would anyone suggest banner ads? I've never used them before and am not sure as to where I would go to have them placed on my site. And which banner server would be the most rewarding.
>
>Thanks for your time,
>
>Clint

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email: