deadlock Message Board
[ December Full List | Reply ]

Re: Message Board Promotion
From Patrick R at Scenic Online on 7 Dec '99
replying to Message Board Promotion posted by Greg B

>Hi everyone - Anyone know of any ways to promote message boards? I have three message boards on AlpineZone.com, and hope to add a few more. While I receive around 20,000 hits a month from around 3500 unique visitors, the message boards are dead.
>
>I'd like to find some ways to drive some more traffic to these forums. I think they can be a very valuable tool for outdoor enthusiasts here in New England. Jim's board has proven a message board's usefulness. Any thoughts or suggestions?
>
>Thanks! GB
>
>P.S. Don't worry. I'll soon be ditching those slow-loading mouseover images on the AZ Message Board page.

Try putting some promotional copy on the main page(not just the navigation button) "Check out our forums on Hiking, Skiing, and the Great Outdoors!"

You have a banner rotation system, so why not put some banners for your own site on there? Make a banner for your forums and rotate it on your own website.Keep track of how many click-throughs you get, and go through different banners, when you find one that works really well, pay for it to go onto other web-sites with similar topics.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message