deadlock Message Board
[ September Full List | Reply ]

Re: How do I price my site for sale?
From Karen at Crossville Online on 18 Jan '00
replying to How do I price my site for sale? posted by Karen

For those of you who recall my situation will recall that I was seeking advice on how to set a price on my site because a radio station was interested. After meeting with him a giving my price and what I would take to work for him to maintain it, we sat and waited & waited. Finally, just before Christmas I called to see if he'd thought anymore about our conversation in Sept. He said that he'd just sold his station and that I should check with the new ownership. Well, they aren't local so I knew I'd hit a brick wall. So now I'm hoping to sell it to the local Chamber of Commerce. It's amazing how having a new baby has affected my goals. I really need to turn the site over to someone who can devote themselves to the site. I have redone the homepage and intend to do some more tweeking in. I have also realized that a site that doesn't sell something is harder to make pay for itself. I'm no salesperson and banner ads are really my only option. The chamber could charge a little extra to its members and give them a banner ad on the site. So, that's where we stand now. They are supposed to discuss it on Thursday this week and then let me know something. If it is a go I'll let you all know. By the way, I've dropped my price considerably. Feel free to check out the changes I've made and comment on my site...what would improve it.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message