deadlock Message Board
[ March Full List | Reply ]

Re: Database
From Woz on 2 March '00
replying to Re: Database posted by David A

If you use Filemaker Pro 4 (my favourite) you will need a Mac host running Lasoo but it can be done and is very effective. Check out some Filemaker sites. (Start with databasepros.com and link from there)

Filemaker 5 has ODBC in and out (so I understand) so you could use ASP with that.

I would suggest ASP with access although I have not use PHP or MySQL.

Woz

>>I was wondering if any one know of any database programs(besides Oracle) to help me manage my e-commerce site. For things such as shipping, customer profile, orders, etc...
>>I was going to create my own database w/ file maker 4.1 but I dont know how to tie it into the HTML so it automatically updates. Any thoughts would be Extremley appreciated.
>>Thanks
>>Thomas
>
>I've used PHP for the scripting and MySQL for the database. Both are excellent. They are both free but will require your web host to install them. Cold Fusion with an Access database is a good but pricey solution, about $2000. ASP using an Access database is free if your on an NT server. ASP is probably the most widely used package for your type of site. Cold Fusion, ASP and PHP can all use other databases but I don't have any expierence with any but Access and MySQL. All of them have about the same learning curve.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message