deadlock Message Board
[ May Full List | Reply ]

#Exec is disabled on IIS4 & 5
From Jacques on 13 August '00
replying to Re: Here is some clarification posted by David A

What follows is an article on the M$ site.

I've personnaly tried doing a form post to an ASP page, then INCLUDE an SHTML where the EXEC CGI command is located... the ASP code gets executed but not the EXEC CGI.

I've tried doing a form post to an SHTML which then calls an ASP page using the INCLUDE...the CGI EXEC runs, but not the ASP code (only the straight HTML within the ASP page gets returned).

So much for backwards compatibility????

If you find how to do this, please email me.

Cheers

Jacques

=============================

INFO: Server Side Include Directives Not Processed by ASP

The information in this article applies to:
Active Server Pages
Microsoft Internet Information Server versions 4.0, 5.0

SUMMARY
When attempting to process a Server Side Include (SSI) directive within an Active Server Pages (ASP) file, the only directive type that will be processed is the #INCLUDE directive. Other directives such as #EXEC are not supported by ASP.
MORE INFORMATION
If the page containing your source code has a file extension of .asp, then it will be processed by Asp.dll. Asp.dll and Ssinc.dll do not interact; therefore, SSI directives will not be processed by Ssinc.dll. The only SSI directive that will be processed by Asp.dll is the #INCLUDE directive.
REFERENCES
For the latest Knowledge Base artices and other support information on Visual InterDev and Active Server Pages, see the following page on the Microsoft Technical Support site:
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/vinterdev/>
Additional query words:
Keywords : kbASP kbScript kbVisID100 kbWebServer kbGrpASP kbDSupport kbiis400 kbiis500
Version : winnt:4.0,5.0
Platform : winnt
Issue type : kbinfo
Technology :

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message