deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

Re: Speaking of Netscape problems...
From aperry on 22 Feb '01
replying to Re: Speaking of Netscape problems... posted by Inachu

Thanks for the advice :-) It looks like a good program, and I hope it will help me avoid all the jerry-rigging I did on this site.

>The quick way I solved this was to use NETOBJECTS.com
>
>The program has been very helpfull in keeping my site compatible for
>all versions of netscape and internet explorer.
>
>Version 6.0 should be out any month now so do not go out to buy version 5 unless its a real must.
>
>
>As per the coding I could import it into netobjects for you and send back the results.
>But I highly reccomend using either netobjects or golive to steer around theese types of roadblocks.
>
>You will find it worth the time and effort and frustration to buy either but
>stay away from Front Page. No I am not Front Page hater but they use strange lingo
>that is not standardly used on the internet. Example:
>MY WEBS........ What the heck is that...... stoooooopid.
>
>
>
>Good luck,
>
>
>Inachu
>
>
>
>>Could anyone help me out with problems declaring the heights and widths of nested tables in Netscape?
>>
>>The first problem: I have a very graphic-intensive site that requires 5 tables, all nested (ie. table 5 inside table 4 inside table 3 etc.) The site appears fine on IE, but NS for some reason doesn't recognize the height attribute after the second table. All the tables should be 100% of the screen, but only the first two appear that way. (I can't use a vertical spacer because it would interfere with the graphics.)
>>
>>Okay, on to the second problem: I'm not sure how to create a table with two fixed-width cells on the sides, and a variable-width cell in the middle that would adjust to fit the user's screen (minus the width of the two fixed width cells). If I declare a 100% width on table in IE, the middle cell adjusts fine. In NS, however, the fixed width attributes are ignored and the left cell is adjusted to 100% of the screen.
>>
>>What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>~Angela

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message