deadlock Message Board
[ September Full List | Reply ]

How can I add HTML CODE to that board?
From John at JAB Creations on 3 July '01
replying to Creating a forum posted by David Scheppler

Hey..
I recently got my own server and all and it included that exact forum, but after playing with the code..i couldnt add html formating even (in the file wwwbbs) when addeing that /n; crap. The entire thing is from 1995! Did they even have html formating back then? IoI but seriously...I need to add the following code so that no matter what page pops up the background is black and the text is grey and the links are lime....and add css scripts...can anyone help me out on this one?

>Hi,
>I've decided to try and put a message board on my website but I'm afraid I'm in over my head. I've tried a few free cgi's but the instructions are just not clear enough for me.
>
>I do have a web server that allows me to use cgi's and perl. Can anyone direct me to some sort of message board program with clear instructions for a newbie like myself?(I am familiar with basic ftp'ing but I'm still lost when it comes to telnet, setting permissions, etc.)
>
>I would like very much to learn more about cgi and perl to set up a forum, but I would also be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the service of having the message board set up for me.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>David Scheppler.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message