deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

Re: Setting up secure ordering?
From marge on 21 Feb '99
replying to Setting up secure ordering? posted by Nicholas

>Do you save much time/hassle by doing it with the original
>site setup? Or is it easily done as a tack-on module later?

in my experience, it's a lot easier to do it all the first time.
(can you tell that I'm in the middle of a major reconfig, going from simple html form-based order forms (which AOL doesn't support by the way) to installing a shopping cart, adding the secure server, the whole 9 yards.

there is not a shopping cart out there that will "absorb" my current html, every product needs to be hand-coded in.

ALSO.... for someone starting out, I think I've found the best deal/best cart available at a really good price. It's not the one I am going with for various reasons specific to my site, but it is flexible and easy to create new 'departments' cross link items to have them show in more than one dept, gives you a ton of options on how to display things, etc.

Because the author has spent a lot of time and effort helping the lightbulb go on in my head so I could get it up and running, I want to post about it here:

www.gizmosoft.com the price for the cart AND a linkthru to Authorizenet for secure CC processing is only $198. You can download a demo version that will set the software up on your hard drive, and not pay for it until you are ready to go online. Gregg, the author, is really good at talking you thru stuff that doesn't work intuitively. I honestly can't recommend it highly enough.

but adding five thousand items to ANY piece of software seems a daunting prospect!

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message