deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

Re: Secure Pages
From wes on 26 Feb '99
replying to Re: Secure Pages posted by Marge

>
>yeah, I know there are folks who will NOT use a secure form and won't put in their CC info..I insisted that the secure form allow for them to mail in a check to me.

Im not saying that people wont use a secure form,im saying that some browser wont even support them.So if all you have is a secure form than you will probably lose some sales.

>But you are saying that having a regular 'unsecure' form that will duplicate the cart contents, and/but NOT go to the secure server, just an email form would be a good option?

Just cut and paste your order page into another file and make that non secure.When people go to order,send them to your secure page with a link at the top saying "If your browser doesnt support secure servers click here" and that will take them to the same form just not secure.

>I hadn't thought of that. My earlier orderform was a simple mailto html form, and one of the reasons I went to the cart was because some ISP's (AOL, especially!) don't support that. the 'attached form' never comes thru.

My aol browser works fine with those
>
>and I lack the CGI knowledge to make many changes to the cart. maybe need to find another one that the other form could send to? that's a thought. (sigh...and here I thought I was done!)
>
Nobody knows everything :)

Here is a good place to try something new.I havent used it but once i finish my other site im gonna try it out http://www.usfca.edu/usf/turner/e-merge

I think your site is great
keep up the good work :)
wes

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive