deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Why would a page that looks fine in MS Explorer or Netscape look like h*** in AOL browser?
From David at emetrix on 11 April '99
replying to Why would a page that looks fine in MS Explorer or Netscape look like h*** in AOL browser? posted by Nancy

Do you have the background of your page set to white? (FFFFFF) If you are using a WYSIWYG HTML editor like Front Page, the background color is set to "default" as a default. That means that if I have my default background color set to orange on my browser, any web page with a background color specified as "default" will show up with an orange background on my browser. Consequently any spacer or cell will show up as a big ugly box. If this actually happens to be the problem, set the background color on your browser to orange or green, and look at your page. If you see any spots of green, you know that you need to fix it. While it is highly unlikely that anyone will have a green default background, a lot of people have a very light gray, and that could consequently cause spacers and cells to show up. To change your default background in IE 4, go to View> internet options> colors. In IE 5, go to Tools> internet options> colors. Good luck!

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message