deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: Frames
From marge on 3 July '99
replying to Frames posted by Karen C

>Hi
>I've just about got my web pages ready to list with search engines and am wondering about the To Frame or Not to Frame issue. I use Frontpage. Can I put keywords and titles within the 'No Frames' html or should I only put body text there. If I do put a title, description and keywords there, will that get around the need to have a non-framed lead page in order to get listed with the search engines? If I do this, and those keywords etc do get listed; when people click on the listing will they be sent to the Framed format of the page or the non-framed page design (assuming their browser supports frames).
>
>Bet you can't tell I'm a confused beginner??! Thanks. KC.

Karen, you will do SO much better if you just scrap the frames and start over. The point of being listed is NOT just to get your 'index.html' page listed, but to get the internal pages spidered as well, so that if someone searches for something buried deep within your site it will show up on the engines. and using frames makes that REALLY difficult.

I honestly see very little use for frames, given the number of people irritated by them, and the difficulty in getting spidered.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message