deadlock Message Board
[ December Full List | Reply ]

Re: Web Business Licence
From Baz on 11 Dec '98
replying to Web Business Licence posted by Asad Tungeker

It depends really on what you want to do.

If you want a SSL certificate then you generally need to prove that a company exists (ie. is registered) in one or more countries (Thawte certainly does).

If you want to accept credit cards, then generally again you need a registered company and usually a business bank account as well.

If all you want to do is display a website, advertise you wares/services and accept other forms of payment (cheque, wire transfer, etc...) then you don't need to tell anyone what you are doing (except maybe the tax man if you are being 100% legal)

>I just like to know if we need some kind of a
>licence to start a business on the web ?
>If we need to buy a certificate (SSL) to get a
>secure form, does it require a some business licence ?
>Any help would be appreciated

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message