deadlock Message Board
[ December Full List | Reply ]

Re: secure ordering -- how do you set this up?
From Rance E at Partyrama Online on 31 Dec '99
replying to secure ordering -- how do you set this up? posted by kay

I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you much better than I, but I will give it a shot. I am still learning this process myself. Talk with your web service provider and ask them if they can support ssl certificates. You will also need to procure a credit card merchant account if you do not already have one. You will then need to register for a security certificate from one of the companies that provide them. 2 I know of are Thawte and Verisign. We will be using Thawte, and they can be found at www.thawte.com. They have very good instructions for what you must do to set up and obtain their certificates. I hope this helps get you started, and good luck. We are just starting on this process ourselves!
Rance Edwards
Webmaster,
Partyrama, Inc.

>Has anyone setup an online ordering system? The gentleman that started my site for me has let this become a do it yourself site and Frontpage and I get along pretty well after a year of trial and error, but I don't have a clue about how or where to go to get started with online ordering and since I am also clueless to most web terms -- well I just need help! PLEASE!

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message