deadlock Message Board
[ January Full List | Reply ]

Re: How much to charge?
From IonZone on 26 Jan '00
replying to How much to charge? posted by Ronn

>I have been asked to make web designs for a non-profit company and charitie. Nothing fancy, straight html, some logos, small graphics, and info/ ordering forms. I am not sure how much to charge them. Their budget is in the 6 figures so they're not dirt poor, but they really try to stretch their resorces for the charity. The site will probably have 15-20 pages, and they want a price for just the design and construction, and one for continual maintenance.
>
>My past work has all been charity work, so I'm new to the world of charging for my work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I charge by the hour. Talk with the client to find out what will be involved. Determine how many hours it will take and quote them that. Give them a range so you have a margin of error. For maintenance just charge them the hourly rate. Bill them by month for the time it took you to do the updates. I've seen hourly ranges from $20-$120/hour depending on your experience, geographic area, what the client will pay, etc. Be sure to keep a written record of your time.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message