deadlock Message Board
[ January Full List | Reply ]

Re: How do I get listed on UK based search engines/directories
From Gil at ListsNOW.com/UK on 28 Jan '99
replying to Re: How do I get listed on UK based search engines/directories posted by Jim

Jim

Just wanted to drop back by and say thanks, have focused on negotiating reciprocals and will be enhancing the site (coming additions include a discusion board, banner page, etc) instead of getting nuts about becoming British.

Did, however, use the same approach to Yahoo.co.uk that worked for me with Yahoo.com. E-mailed the editors making a case for including my site, even tho' a .com, on their directory as a UK service. Am now listed, as of today, under business....companies....direct mail/mailing lists. (in fact it seems to have got me a second listing in Yahoo as well - go figure). This is from their e-mail late yesterday.

"The URL you submitted <url:http://listsnow.com/uk>
has been added to both Yahoo! and Yahoo! UK & Ireland. It will appear
after our next update, which will probably occur within the next 2-4
days. In order to keep both Web directories accurate, please let us
know of changes to your listing in the future."

We already show in the directory and expect to start showing on searches by the weekend. And...hits went up by a factor of 5 today.

The e-mail approach, after doing a normal submission and waiting a reasonable time, seems to be the key. I think it may have helped that there really is a good case to be made for the site as well.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message