deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Getting more traffic!
From Steve on 23 April '99
replying to Getting more traffic! posted by Brandon Blum

>Hi all, I have't posted here in a long time, but I was wondering from any 'big site' owners if they could answer this question. My site is getting almost 4,000 uniques daily and I am not sure how I can get more uniques, I have already set up links with other similar sites and in almost every search engine? Is there anything else possible to do or is it all just word of mouth?

Some suggestions:

- Get linked from sites that are slightly different, but along the same lines as yours - free sounds, Webmaster forums. If you are linked from mainly graphics sites, you may not get clicked if people find what they need on your refering site.

- Subtle Usenet advertising. Take part in discussions and put your URL in your sig. line.

- Your mail list form is great for repeats, but you need a "Tell a Friend" form for new traffic.

- Write some articles and submit them to online and offline zines, the WWIO, and other content providers. Always mention your URL a few times in the article, but again, in a subtle way.

Other suggestions:

- Buy one of those "Send 20 e-mails to every Internet User" and spam the planet.

- Spray paint your URL on busy highway overpasses, watertowers, the city bus fleet, etc.

- Write a virus that infects every broweser, making your site the start page

- Create a snooty portal site that ignores submissions with categories that go on and on that never lead to any links. You'll be the number one site in the World ;P

• Steve - Dumb Dave - 26/04/99

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message