deadlock Message Board
[ October Full List | Reply ]

Re: Advertising offers from companies
From Darryl on 30 Oct '99
replying to Advertising offers from companies posted by Swanny

CPM is probably your best bet. Depends really on how many hits you get a day.

First you need a good banner script. There are some out there that will collect your money, set number of impressions,let customer add banner , remove banner from rotation at the end
of impressions, etc.

Start here to find a good script: http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Advertisements/

>Some time ago I decided to create my own set of pages dedicated to boxing, a sport I have been around for some years.
>Rather than spread the site too thinly over the whole sport of boxing, I concentrated my efforts on the heavyweight divison, which is very much the most popular and glamorous catagory in boxing.
>I am happy to say the website has been a success, using much of the information I found on the internet, I achieved a modest search engine ranking and a consistant number of hits from heavyweight boxing fans.
>
>Recently, I have received some offers from companies asking for prices and terms to advertise their products on my site, (eg. Heavyweight history CD ROM, boxing videos etc) - I was wondering if someone could give me a few realistic figures which I should be charging for such services as this. Most sites offering advertisments offer space at CPM, how does CPM work? I'm guessing its price per month, but could anyone confirm this?
>
>My site is called Heavyweights UK at its URL is http://www.heavyweights.co.uk
>The site has only been running for about a month but its hits have continuously risen and are at around 1000 a week.
>I would greatly appreciate any advice you folks could give me on advertising prices for my site.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Swanny

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive