deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: I Need a Contest Idea!
From Greg Blasko on 11 Nov '99
replying to Re: I Need a Contest Idea! posted by Thad

>Greg,
>
>I have a friend who works for the publication that produces POWDER magazine. Although I am not much of a skier, after reading through some of her 'coffee table' literature, my feelings are that the demographics you are dealing with are young people 18-25 into extreme sports and that kind of stuff.
>
>How about a contest encouraging stories about the best ski/snow board trip or a funny thing that happened or ???. You can award the best story based on meeting the criteria that you set for the contest and post their story on your website.
>
>It's always fun to tell other people about your own exploits, maybe brag a little, and although most might agree that your demographics maybe aren't the type to sit down and write a story, we are talking about lift tickets, and you may be suprised at how many interesting and funny stories you wind up with.
>
>Good luck,
>Thad

Hi Thad - Thanks for your input. This was my intial thought too, but this tends to be a bit suggestive. I suppose I could accept x numbers of entries and then run a poll for people to rate the stories. The one with the most votes wins.

I will most likely have the opportunity to run multiple contests throughout the ski season so I may start small by simply having the "lift ticket hunt". Depending on the success of this approach I may run a story submission contest. Thanks again Thad!

Best regards,

GB
AlpineZone.com
http://www.alpinezone.com/

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message