deadlock Message Board
[ January Full List | Reply ]

Going nuts - banning redirects and .to domains?
From Chuck at Amazing Views - St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, Caribbean Vacation Rental on 1 Jan '00
Hi,

I purchased the domain name www.venture.to several years ago. I had a .com domain that I used at that time and planned to switch it to .to which I recently started doing. I had no problem getting my .com domain listed in all the major search engines with a good position. I listed my .to domains over a month ago and can't find them in any of the search engines.
One site that I submitted to came back and said that they do not list "jump to" sites and said that they "did not want .to domains". I emailed them and explained that I wasn't a "jump to" site and they then let me submit. I went to:
http://www.jump.to/domains.asp
and noticed that they have a bunch (over 40) of .to sites that they use as redirect sites.
What I am wondering is if the search engines have banned all recently submitted .to sites because they think they are redirect sites.
I need to get this site listed as soon as possible. Should I give up and get another domain or be patient.

Chuck

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message