deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: spamdexing question
From T J Daniels at ''Poetry'' by: T. J. Daniels on 30 July '00
replying to spamdexing question posted by Vicki

Hi Vicki.

I'm not sure about the other SE's but I'm listed on Yahoo.com. As far as kw's go, here's the main kw's for my site. I use the same kw's on all of my pages. <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="t j daniels,tjdaniels,tjdanielspoetry,t j daniels poetry,poetry by t j daniels. My site even comes up just using t j & tj. I surprised myself by
typing it daniels and my site showed up. I noticed that my site doesn't show up using tjdanielspoetry but it does using tj daniels poetry. I haven't really checked out the other SE's that I'm listed on, such as Google.com Hope this info helps.

>
I read on a website (http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/18/13/ib1813.003.html) about "spamdexing" where a person repeats keywords excessively. They say "Limit the keyword list to fewer than 1,000 characters and use individual keywords no more than seven times."
>
>Would you surmise from that statement that it is okay to have some repetition such as:
>
>copier parts
>copier supplies
>digital copier supplies
>color copier supplies
>(etc.)
>
>As long as I didn't have the words "copier" or "supplies" more than seven times?
>
>And it sounds like SE will only use those *phrases*. If someone just types "copier" and I don't have that in our keywords or our homepage then they might not find our site, right?
>
>- Vicki

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message