deadlock Message Board
[ October Full List | Reply ]

Re: Successful Twice, Missing the Mark This Time
From David A on 2 Oct '00
replying to Successful Twice, Missing the Mark This Time posted by Rob

>I've been successful in the past promoting sites but this time my promotion tricks don't seem to work.
>
>I avoided using frontdoor pages because I had a domain banned recently from altavista so this time I'm trying backdoor pages. Basically, they're like the frontdoor pages but rather than the pages linking to the homepage, the homepage links to them via a small hidden menu. The spiders visit the homepage, see the links, then list all the pages which then have links back to the homepage.
>
>I also had to use the backdoor pages because Western Gecko Gifts is completely cgi driven with all its pages produced on the fly in order to accomodate its own search engine (the big search engine spiders only like hard links).
>
>Has anyone tried this technique before? Am I shooting myself in the foot? The hidden menu is at the bottom of the page (http://www.westerngecko.com/home.html) on both sides of the copyright info.
>
>Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I do the same thing except I use it to cross link to pages that link to me. Anyway, I do not include the "height" "width" attributes as SEs may pick these up and see the graphics are not useful to people.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message