deadlock Message Board
[ January Full List | Reply ]

"&" Symbol in Company Name... What to Do?
From Eric at BB&T - Branch Banking and Trust on 22 Jan '99
We have just brought the site in house and finished the redesign. The next step is to get the meta tag information prepared so we can submit to the search engines. My main question is: What do we do about the "&" sysbol in our company name? How does this symbol relay over most search engines. In a string with quotes it tends to work well. But most common users of banking info don't know to use quotes and search for strings... Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have checked out sites such as AT&T but to my dismay don't get much from their source. Here is an example of what I am looking at for the meta tags:

Title: "BB&T - Branch Banking and Trust"

Description: "BB&T is the 6th largest bank holding company in the Southeast, with branch offices in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C."

Keywords: "bbandt, BB&T Bank, BB&T Corporation, bbandt.com, BBT, BBK, Banks, Banking, Finance, Financial Services Information, Insurance, Investor's Relations, Money Management, Business Loans, Financing, Invest, Investments, BB&T Online Banking, BB&T OnLine, Personal Business Solutions, Economy, Money, Cash, Loans, Mutual Funds, Bank Accounts, Mortgage, Checking, Checks, Savings, Credit Cards, Credits, Debits, ATMs, Phone24, Internet Banking, Refinance, Home Equity, Relocating, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Washington"

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message