cgi's,back doors and re-direction|
From will at letterstorussia.com
on 1 Feb '01
First, let me say that there is a very useful board! There are many useful postings here.
I have a question now and I think I have the answer but I would like consensus on so that I don't waste time. As the chinese say "Grasshopper, no use running if you are on the wrong road." I have been on the wrong road so many times with my site and the shopping cart, credit card processors,etc that now I am gun shy.
From scanning the archives, I see that my website has the dreaded CGI and ? urls.
I have generated some "back door" (I think that is the name) pages starting at
I submitted this and only this URL to a few search engines.
1) Should I submit my CGI page urls?
2) Should I submit my main .com page that has a
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.letterstorussia.com/cgi-bin/store/ezwebstore.cgi">
3) Should I avoid the Refresh tag above?
4) If each page on the site has the same metatag KEYWORDS, is there a problem?
5) should I use the <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX,NO FOLLOW"> on the CGI pages?
Thanks in advance.