deadlock Message Board
[ June Full List | Reply ]

Re: READ THIS ALSO! Re: NEED opinion on sites that submit you to search engines
From SD on 9 June '01
replying to READ THIS ALSO! Re: NEED opinion on sites that submit you to search engines posted by Anne

>
>
>OPPS! That is trafficmagnet.NET!
>
>>We received an email ad from a site called trafficmagnet.com that charges $9 something a month to submit the site to "300,000" search engines. I didn't think there were that many, but that is what they claim. Has any one ever used such a service and are they worth that fee?
>>
>>We do have a lot of major listings, but wonder if this will really bring any extra traffic.
>>
>>Any one have the time also to critique our site, including meta tags and site layout, etc.
>>
>>Thanks!!

I don't know exactly what you should do but the 300,000 'search engines' is not for real. There aren't even 300,000 search engines, when sites claim to submit you to thousands of search engines, be careful because you haven't even setup an account with them and they're already lying to you. Most of that 300,000 is probably link pages where you can post your link for free. I've tried submitting to one was for free and claimed to submit to 1000s of free link pages, I made the mistake of inserting my real email address and was bombarded with hundreds of emails so it was legit so you never know. I do know that the results from that service was minimal. Maybe a few visiters from random link pages. The results seem to really depend on what you're offering so take this for what you may. For major search engines it's best to learn the tricks of the trade and do it yourself. You can't afford to mess up with them. Check out searchenginewatch.com

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message