deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

Re: Propagation Timelines
From V.J Billings on 16 Feb '99
replying to Propagation Timelines posted by Joe Sorge

>I have been following the board for a few days now, and feel it's time to pose a question of my own. I redesigned my site in late December and was prepared for seach engine submissions on or about the 15th of January. Having done so, I now have some outstanding results with the help of several site promotional tools, including deadlock. My question is in regard to the extended indexing times for Excite/Netfind and Hotbot. I've had quite a bit of success with AltaVista, figuring out infoseek, MSN, and others, but the aforementioned engines are really giving me a headache. Are Excite/Netfind and Hotbot experiencing significant delays as of late, or have I not given those engines enough time? I have noticed their spiders visiting my site, but still no results.
>Lastly, I do have a tip that has seemed to assist in getting listed with the GO (infoseek) network. Since they are currently only accepting URL submissions via email, I went and signed on for a new 'go' email account, it being free and all, and then submitted my urls from that email account. My site was indexed in the top 10 for 4 strategic keywords within 48 hrs. This may not be a newsflash, but I wanted to share it.
>Anyway, thank you all in advance for your input and please feel free to critique the site if you feel it to be appropriate.
>Joe

Joe,
I envy your positioning. We have been working on that for a long time. You should change the word specialization to specialty. Even though I grow plants now the English background rears its ugly head often.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message