deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: I've worked on my site for months and No results. Please help.
From kimberly at DixieStreet on 6 Nov '99
replying to I've worked on my site for months and No results. Please help. posted by Wayne

Oops...sorry for the double reply...hit the wrong button.
ANYWAY...I am going to offer my $.02. You need to have meta description and keyword tags. The title might contain a searchable word...the only real word it contains is Access. Figure out what words you want people to be typing in the search box when the search engine points them toward you, and use these words in the body of the site...especially in the first paragraph of text. Search engines don't see tables, so keep in mind they will force them to be linear. Alta Vista is a keyword-oriented search. Excite, for example, is not. It indexes according to words in the body of the site, putting you much more at their mercy as to how you are found. Bottom line, IMO, figure what what words or phrases you want to be found by, and use them! Look them up in search engines, and look at the source code of the top several sites. Do this for several engines. And use these keywords in the body of the first page of your site.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message